You are almost there! A few quick steps and Gobot will be up and running on your WordPress or WooCommerce site (hereinafter referred to as WordPress). You only need to complete these steps once and Gobot will be able to run on all the pages of your WordPress site.
If you found Gobot in the WordPress directory and already downloaded Gobot within WordPress, there is no need to repeat these steps. If you signed up for Gobot outside of WordPress you will need to follow these steps to install Gobot on your WordPress site:
- Step 1: Login to your WordPress.org website (you will see the admin panel on the left hand side of the screen).
- Step 2: Click on Plugins > Add new in the admin panel of the WordPress admin page. Search for Gobot in the plugin repository by typing "Gobot" in the search field to the right of "Keywords", and then click on the Install Now button in the Gobot search result. Alternatively, you can find the Gobot WordPress directory listing by clicking on this link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/gobot/
- Step 3: The Install Now button will change into a Activate button - click on the Activate button (you should now see Gobot added to your admin panel).
- Step 4: Click on Gobot in your admin panel, which will reveal your Gobot Options. Click on the Connect your Gobot Account button.
- Step 5: Enter the requested information in the Gobot signup page.
Your Gobot is now officially connected to WordPress! Go back to the Gobot tab in your browser, click on one of the pre-built bots in the left hand panel (chosen for you based on the goal you indicated in the signup process) or script your bot from scratch, and then click Publish and make live. Next time you visit your WordPress site your new bot will welcome you!
Copyright 2017, Gobot LLC, All rights reserved.